Saturday, June 27, 2015

Magazine Monday's Challenge - Week 105

Hello my crafty friends.

Summer is in full swing here in California.  
We have had some very warm days.   OK...HOT days

My DH said that the color of the year for CA is brown.

We are all living with brown lawns and only watering 
the plants and the trees that we plan to keep.  

So with all of the brown around town it is nice to play with some color.

The Paper Crafter's Corner Magazine Monday Challenge is this wonderful yummy cover,
I can just taste those strawberries and the frosting on the cupcakes.  

Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 105 Inspiration Piece (image)

I love the clean background and how the red from the strawberries
 pulls the picks and whites together.  

For my project, I went with the simple design layout of the image.
It really looks like the magazine cover.

I wanted texture.  
I can't add the textures to cards that I want to mail.  

So for this card I made it in the shape of a tag. 

 I was thinking that it could double as a pretty tag to dress up a package and the greeting card.  


I first spritzed the background with red Paper Smooches on water color paper.  

I then cut the shape out of two pieces of water color paper. 
 I scored the back piece so that it will open along the fold at the top of the card.  



I then use some pink Silks Acrylic glaze to stamp on the pink circles. 

After all of this dried I mixed some modeling paste with green Gelato and stenciled on the leaves.   

Again... everything needed to dry.   
I though the leaves needed a little different color.  
Using a darker green Gelato I rubbed some color onto the 
leaves using my handy dandy finger tool.  

Lastly, I attached the white flowers to the card.  

I left this without a sentiment because I am not sure where it will be used.  
Maybe a Birthday... or Wedding.... or even a Just because gift.
The sentiment inside will speak for it's self later.  


  Thanks for stopping by



Teresa







I will be entering this into the following challenges




4 comments:

  1. I adore the shape of your card and what a wonderful use of sprays to create such a delicate background for those beautiful flowers ~ really pretty! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag card!! Such a fun design! Love the flowers and background!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete