Saturday, May 30, 2015

Growing in Unity - Blog Hop



Hello!!!
Hope you are having a fantastic weekend.

Today I am honored to be joining the
Growing in Unity Blog Hop

Yes.... There is a prize.
There will be two lucky winners selected from the comments left along the hop.  

If you just started and want to go to the beginning head
over Amy's blog.   This is were the fun begins.

The sentiment set I am using today is

Pick Your Poison

UK-703A-PICK-YOUR-POISON


When I opened my package from Unity and saw Halloween I experienced a creative block.
It's not that I don't like Halloween, I actually LOVE Halloween
it's that my mind has been in the summer mood for crafting.

I actually sat at my craft table and randomly stamped images
just trying to see what I could come up with.
 I really wanted to use these stamps for something other than Halloween projects.

Then suddenly I had an AHA moment.
My husband is a Tequila lover.  He likes to try many different Tequilas all the time.
But there is always that fear ...  What if you don't like the bottle that you just purchased.
 Good tequila is not cheep.  
I have been trying to find a place nearby that offers Tequila tasting with no luck.

So for Father's day I decided to make him his own kit using the small bottles of different brands.


I could not think of a better sentiment than  "Pick your Poison."

The sentiment is longer than the decorative window,
so I had to use some washi tape to mask off the words
 This takes a little time but is well worth it.
I stamp in white and embossed with silver.


Attached it tag to the bag of mini Tequilas..... 
Now I have to find a place to hid this...LOL

Then the creative juices started flowing. 

I made a bookmark



I used a technique of stamping and using clear embossing powder on black paper.  
Then adding some color using Gelato's.  I used my metallic colors,
The embossed layer will resist.   I stenciled on some spots using two different colors of Radiant Gels 


I love the effect of the clear embossing on black. 
 Added some recycle ribbon and beads to give it a little bling while holding my spot.  
Now I have a great bookmark for reading my Stephen King Novels.




And then I could not finish without a Halloween card.   



Here I stamped the sentiment and frame in white.  
I let the ink dry for a few minutes then added the purple tinsel embossing powder 
and then melted it as usual.   
The dry embossed background I also added the tinsel embossing powder.  
Gives the who card some sparkle.  . 
  By waiting, the powder did not adhere to the whole image.  
Give it a little distressed look.  
I then stamped the inside with the Happy Halloween Sentiment.  


I hope I inspired you today.   

And don't forget to comment

Now off to the rest of the hop....

Your next stop is Brittany



And here the who list of blogs to inspire you today


Teresa ----  me





 I will be entering the Halloween card in the following challenges






32 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa, I love the idea that you got, the tag make my eyes crazy, so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your work!! Awesomeness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the set!!! Great tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I bet your hubby loves his "pick your poison" gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh boy!!! That is ingenious!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects. I love the book mark (I collect them so that caught my eye). It is dark and spooky but still so pretty. Thanks for the tips of what you did to make it.
    The poison label did work well for your husband's present.
    It won't be long before we'll be needing Halloween cards - the year seems to be rushing by.
    thanks for sharing some fun items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! You sure overcame that creative block! Love all three of your projects!! That bookmark looks really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. all your projects are awesome, your first tag is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stamps for a wonderful set of projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your idea for the father's day gift. I feel like home made gifts mean more to the person. The color on the book mark is amazing! I love the use of embossing. It is one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pick your poison tag. I love halloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pick your poison tag. I love halloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tags are nice I'm not "into" Halloween, so I focused on your techniques. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...love your three projects,they look so amazing,original and creative.Love the first tag,I think your husband will love it,too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool! Awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all your projects but especially the bookmark! -tjigo

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fabulous! Love those shotglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had fun with this set but I seriously liked the "pick your poison" idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your first two projects. What a great idea to use the "pick you poison" for a variety pack of drinks. I thank for sharing your technique for the great book maker too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh what a great idea for your hubby. Thanks for sharing your tags and card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pick your poison gift tag! :D hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the tequila taster set. Perfect sentiment. Lovely bookmark and card. H

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome label tags and card Teresa. You worked wonders with this kit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What super cute tags and card! Love what you did. Thanks for being a part of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love anything Halloween (it's such a fun holiday). Your creations (all of them) are just super duper cute. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the "Pick Your Poison" tag ... how creative of you! Your tag is lovely as is the Halloween card. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great seasonal projects. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome tags and card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  29. gorgeous cards and tags :) Thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Clever package for DH with the tiny bottles - great way to "test" - awesome way to package it for him

    ReplyDelete
  31. sweet tags, I luv the stamp...awesome card too! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete