Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mother's Day Cards....



Can you believe it... Mother's day is just a month away.   For me, Mother's day is a bitter sweet day.  I am a Mother of a great 12 year old boy.  He has a great since of humor and make me laugh.  I love him very much.  But the bitter part of Mother's day is that my Mom is not here to celebrate with me.  It has almost been 10 years since she passed away. She was only 57 and was taken way too soon.  She never really got to know my son and he only remembers her when she was ill.  That makes me sad.   I miss her every day.

Making Mother's day cards has been very hard for me.  Many years my Husband goes to the store and buys cards for his Mother and our Grandmothers because I just could not bring myself to pick them out or make them.   Even as I sit here and write this post I have no control over my tears.

Somehow this year.... a month away from Mother's day.... I actually made some cards.  One I posted early using Tim's Tattered Flower punch from Sizzix.  I really love making the flowers from this punch and now I have another card with that flower on it.... and it screamed Mother's day.  

Thank you for letting me share my little story with you.  Maybe this Mother's Day I will make a post just for my Mom.  We will have to see how I feel about it when the day comes.



1 comment: